Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ninjas in the night!

Yesterday was my aunt's daughter's wedding. (ate two whole abalones!) But that's not the point of this post. The point of this post is more focused on the journey back home, because there was this one particular moment during the journey where i felt like I was high with ecstacy (literally). So exciting!


After the dinner was done and over with, in order to master my Michael Schumacher-like driving talents, my dad suggested that I take the trunk roads home; all the way from Lukut (near Port Dickson) and back to Subang.

SO, roughly 15 minutes into the journey home, I almost almost almost (almost x 3 to signify how close I was) made this motorbike dude taste them 17" Bridgestone Turanza ER33 tyres for riding his damned bike without ANY of his lights on. His backlight is fused, that's for sure.

Not sure about his headlamps though, because if it was functioning, it was as useful as when it was not; that useful. Nobody knows. But what I do know is that if I noticed him literally fraction of a second late, his guts would've been spewed all over the road. And I would have pee-ed all over my pants.

Well its partially my fault for driving at a speed of +/- 110 km/h on those winding pitch dark roads but come on! If he had that distinct red light on the back of his bike working i'd have easily seen him from miles away.

But NOOO, he HAD to be within the radius of my car's headlamps for him to be seen. And at that speed, he had to be seen, pronto. Fortunately for him my car's headlamps were bright and my reactions fast enough to spot him as soon as he entered my vision, otherwise confirm he bye bye lah.

So here's pretty much what was going on in the car, Seconds From Disaster (get the pun?):

Me: *driving with 100% concentration*
Dad: *co-driver in the backseat making sure I don't climb coconut trees, that makes it 200% concentration*
Bro: *next to me listening to his iPod with his eyes closed* UTTERLY USELESS!
Mom: *at the backseat dozing off*

Me: ZOMG HOLY NINJA! *slams brake*
Dad: That's what I was talking about just now! (he told me what to be aware of when driving in these conditions half an hour back)
Mom: Aiyooooooooo!
Bro: Woahhhhh! WAOAWAOWOWOAWANUNCHUCKS!

So yeah that's about it bye bye!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com