Sunday, January 03, 2010

Into the unknown.

My brain does not have a shutdown button.


As long as my mind is constantly thinking and processing, I feel oblivious to the need to sleep even though the blind could tell that 10 minutes earlier I was as good as a walking human carapace; the body is there whereas the mind is clearly roaming somewhere else.

But as soon I lie on my bed and my mind starts to wander into the unknown, I start to feel as alive and alert as ever. Sleep would no longer be a necessity; staying up all night is the new craze now.

That's why sometimes I have a hard time sleeping and the process of composing the previous post kept me wide awake till 4 in the morning and yet I still felt like I took a cup of water laced with a kilogram of steroids; full of energy and zip. All this wouldn't happen if I cut the habit of thinking and pondering about everything that this entire cosmos has to offer.

But it sure it captivates me just thinking about the reasons for the existence of stuff like us humans and not to mention musing over what lies on the other end of space; if there is an end to it.

Come to think of it, I did drink a strong cup of coffee yesterday afternoon. But that's not the point. I don't drink coffee everyday and even if I did I don't have any difficulties sleeping later in the night.

Or maybe, just maybe i'm suffering from an early stage of insomnia.

Oh god I need to start consulting a psychiatrist.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com