Saturday, December 26, 2009

To the maximum, random!

Here's a nice little poster I found rather interesting on the internet.


To put things into retrospective, a decade(?) ago when it comes to hard drives, there was this:


10MB for $3398.

1GB = 1024MB

Which means a 100GB hard drive at that time (if it existed) would cost $3,479,552.

And today, you could probably get a 100GB hard drive for $100.

Interesting to see how far and fast technology progresses through the years isn't it?

Here's another example,

10 months ago I bought my 2nd generation 16GB iPod touch for a price tag of RM1,139.

Barely a year later my brother receives a 3rd generation 32GB iPod touch as a Christmas gift for a price tag of RM1,199.

Double the capacity, but only RM60 extra.

WAT.

Sigh now i'll wait for an iPod that comes with a petabyte of storage space to be produced.

At the rate that we're going, I don't see why not.

You'll see!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com