Monday, March 15, 2010

Skepticism.

Here's a true story that happened to me early this morning and I thought I should share it with you people. TRUE STORY, NO BULL AT ALL.

So I was taking a shit in the toilet with my cellphone by my side. Don't ask why.

And just when I was about to release the 'mother of all bombs', it rang. and i had to 'postpone' the bombardment. Now what's strange is the fact that nobody EVER calls me this early in the morning, moreover on a Monday morning

I glanced on who the caller might be, and it belonged to a private number.

Of course instinctively I answered it, and on the other side of the line was a Malay dude who introduced himself to me with the usual formalities and crap. Didn't pay much attention there, still groggy.

But what caught my attention was him telling me "Tahniah encik! Nombor anda telah menangi lima ribu (five thousand) ringgit daripada peraduan yang dianjurkan oleh pengurus Celcom!"

I was like, OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! x 13

Right.

Then after that he told me to go to some blah blah place to claim the money and he also mentioned to me about withdrawing some money from this SPECIFIC ATM located SOMEWHERE for SOMETHING.

That was when I hung up on him because:

  1. If I really DID win five thousand ringgit, why should I have to withdraw money to claim it? Shouldn't it be him doing it to pay me up instead?
  2. I asked him for my name and who is my line registered under, but he pushed the question aside and continued blabbering.
  3. Even if he DID know my name, why call me Encik? So impersonal and unprofessional. You work under Celcom, it's not hard for you to at LEAST know the name of the person whom you're calling. Lazy pig.
  4. KAMON! Five thousand ringgit doesn't just fall from the sky, nor does it come via a random phone call.
  5. Five thousand ringgit is child's play to me. Pfft. What a disgrace.
  6. I don't even have an ATM card to begin with lol.
  7. Why can't you say the contest was held by Celcom instead of telling me its being organized by the MANAGER of Celcom? Wanna pocket all the money to yourself ah. Bodoh babi.
  8. He was talking to me with a tone similar to what you'd here from a person who just attended to a funeral of someone he's close to. Shouldn't he be happy for me?
So IF it was real, I just gave away five thousand ringgit just like that.

Hoho keong hee keong hee!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com